Cover Photo: Shri H.K. Dua (Member Rajya Sabha – nominated by President of India) lights the lamp at ICPA 2020 Convention at New Delhi. He is flanked by ICPA President Shri Ignatius Gonsalves, Archbishop Anil Couto of Delhi Archdiocese and Bishop Salvadore Lobo.
Given below is a request from Fr Suresh Mathew, Editor of Indian Currents, to publish a PRESS RELEASE regarding Indian Catholic Press Association (ICPA) awards for 2021 to the most deserving Christian journalists. Isaac Gomes, Associate Editor.
The Indian Catholic Press Association (ICPA) invites nominations for the ICPA 2021 awards to be conferred on the most deserving Christian journalists during the National Convention of Christians Journalists to be held in Mumbai on 1 December, 2021.
Kindly publish the attached Press Release on the ICPA Awards 2021 in the next issue of your esteemed Magazine.
Thanks & Kind regards,
Fr Suresh Mathew
Indian Catholic Press Association
INDIAN CATHOLIC PRESS ASSOCIATION
(Premier Organization of Catholic Journalists, Dailies and Periodicals in India)
Reg Off: Anugraha Complex, 67/3056, Market Road, Ernakulam North P.O., Kochi 682018
Admin Office: Barrett Bhavan, 11-GF, Jaipuria Enclave, Kaushambi,
Ghaziabad 201 010. U.P.
Ecclesiastical Advisor from the CBCI: Rt Rev. Bishop Salvadore Lobo
NOMINATIONS FOR ICPA
The Indian Catholic Press Association (ICPA), a premier organization of Catholic journalists, dailies and periodicals in India, invites nominations for three annual ICPA awards to be conferred on selected journalists/writers/
The awards are in the following categories:
1) Fr Louis Careno Award: This award is given to an outstanding Christian journalist or Institution in India for his/her/their courageous contribution to uphold the true ideals of journalism and who have played a prophetic role in reporting/writing on relevant issues in ENGLISH or any other recognised Indian language other than Hindi.
2) Swami Devanand Chakkungal Award: This award is given to an outstanding Christian journalist or Institution in India for his/her/their courageous contribution to uphold the true ideals of journalism and who have played a prophetic role in reporting/writing on relevant issues in HINDI language.
3) Award for Best reportage on SC/ST: This award is for a journalist or a publication for promoting/campaigning for the cause of the SC / ST for a period of at least one year or more.
Procedure for Nomination:
Any person may nominate an individual Christian journalist/publication/
All nominations should include:
1) A recommendation letter from a person of repute in the field for the proposed candidate.
2) Resume of the candidate and five latest published news stories by the candidate.
3) In the case of a periodical, a brief note on its achievements to deserve the award
4) Two passport-size photos of the nominated candidate. In case of regional languages, headlines/titles should be in English.
5) Contact details of the nominee must be sent in the covering letter only and NOT on the published copies.
The last date for nominations: 30 October 2021. You can email the nominations
For details, please contact:
President: Ignatius Gonsalves: (Mob: 09447964232)
Secretary: Fr Suresh Mathew (Mob: 07042562963)
—Fr Suresh Mathew (Secretary, ICPA)