Indian CATHOLIC Press Association, (ICPA) gives Annual Press Awards to distinguished Christian Journalists in India. Fr. Dr. Suresh Mathew, is Secretary of ICPA and also the Editor of Indian Currents (IC), the top International Indian Catholic weekly from Delhi.
What is Given below is his PRESS RELEASE regarding who could deserve these awards for 2021 and requests all readers to send the most deserving Christian journalists, they think fit!
The awards will be given only during national Convention of Christian Journalists to be held in Mumbai on 1 December, 2021. So there is plenty of time to search and find out the most deserving persons for these awards. The last date for nomination is 30th October 2021. Kindly cooperate in ICPA's public interest in the service to the spread of the GOOD WORD! james kottoor the Know-nothing Editor, WCV.
Please read below the DRAFT of ICPA!
The Indian Catholic Press Association (ICPA) invites nominations for the ICPA 2021 awards to be conferred on the most deserving Christian journalists during national Convention of Christians Journalists to be held in Mumbai on 1 December, the 2021.
Kindly publish the attached Press Release on the ICPA Awards 2021 in the next issue of your esteemed Magazine.
Thanks & kind regards,
Fr Suresh Mathew
Secretary – Indian Catholic Press Association
INDIAN CATHOLIC PRESS ASSOCIATION
(Premier Organization of Catholic Journalists, Dailies and Periodicals in India)
Reg Off: Anugraha Complex, 67/3056, Market Road, Ernakulam North P.O., Kochi 682018
Admin Office: Barrett Bhavan, 11-GF, Jaipuria Enclave, Kaushambi,
Ghaziabad 201 010.U.P.
Ecclesiastical Advisor from the CBCI: Rt Rev. Bishop Salvadore Lobo
NOMINATIONS FOR ICPA AWARDS 2021
The Indian Catholic Press Association (ICPA), a premier organization of Catholic journalists, dailies and periodicals in India, invites nominations for three annual ICPA awards to be conferred on selected journalists/writers/publications during the forthcoming National Convention of Christian Journalists to be held in Mumbai on 1 December, 2021.
The awards are in the following categories:
- Fr Louis Careno Award: This award is given to an outstanding Christian journalist or Institution in India for his/her/their courageous contribution to uphold the true ideals of journalism and who have played a prophetic role in reporting/writing on relevant issues in ENGLISH or any other recognised Indian language other than Hindi.
- Swami Devanand Chakkungal Award: This award is given to an outstanding Christian journalist or Institution in India for his/her/their courageous contribution to uphold the true ideals of journalism and who have played a prophetic role in reporting/writing on relevant issues in HINDI language.
Award for Best reportage on SC/ST: This award is for a journalist or a publication for promoting/campaigning for the cause of the SC / ST for a period of at least one year or more.
Procedure for Nomination:
Any person may nominate an individual Christian journalist/publication/institution engaged in journalism and mass communications. No self-nomination will be entertained.
All nominations should include:
1) A recommendation letter from a person of repute in the field for the proposed candidate.
2) Resume of the candidate and five latest published news stories by the candidate.
3) In the case of a periodical, a brief note on its achievements to deserve the award
4) Two passport-size photos of the nominated candidate. In case of regional languages, headlines/titles should be in English.
5) Contact details of the nominee must be sent in the covering letter only and NOT on the published copies.
The last date for nominations: 30 October 2021. You can email the nominations.
For details, please contact:
President: Ignatius Gonsalves: (Mob: 09447964232)
Secretary: Fr Suresh Mathew (Mob: 07042562963)
Fr Suresh Mathew